Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

3.18.2010

Now It Can Be Yours

[Interior design and renovation by Angie Hranowsky. Photo above by Julia Lynn,  all other photos by Squire Fox.]

Yes, it's for sale. Interior designer Angie Hranowsky's masterpiece. She told me this week that her rare find, a mid-century-modern house in Charleston, South Carolina, is going on the market.


Real estate isn't our usual topic of conversation here but since Style Court readers responded enthusiastically to her home in the past, Angie decided to share the news with true fans.  To describe the house as unique to Charleston isn't embellishing. It was designed and built by architect Elliott Constantine in 1974 and is quite unusual for the traditional city.  Throughout 2006 and 2007,  Angie completely renovated it. You can see much more of what she did here. (Personally, I think she created a terrific canvas for anyone who appreciates clean-lined style.) And her contact information is here.

As always, I received no compensation for this post. Simply thought you would be interested to know.

18 comments:

Marija said...

It is GORGEOUS. And while I am indeed so interested to know, I am SO sad that this is not in my neighborhood :) I can only assume this will go quickly!! Marija

Sarah said...

Thank you for this post...I love, love, love Angie's work and will be posting about her soon on my humble blog. I first saw her included in Metropolitan Home and went to her website recently. Her aesthetic is just so beautiful - I especially love the way she mixes colors. Very unique!

Sarah said...

PS: I WISH I could buy this little gem...

Karena said...

I really love Angie's work!! Beautiful transformation!
Karena
Art by Karena

This Photographer's Life said...

What an amazing house... and in Charleston!!! Too cool!! Thanks for spreading the word :)

red ticking said...

love this... the last photo is darling... and happy to have discovered your blog... have a nice weekend xx

tarheel said...

She is the best-after stalking that house and knocking herself out to buy it, I'm wondering why she's moving?! I love all her work!!

Style Court said...

Hi Tarheel,

Yes, she put a lot of work into it! Actually, Angie didn't tire of the house. She still really loves it but is selling for reasons that have to do with her family.

Have a great weekend.

Style Court said...

Red Ticking -- Welcome!

Hels said...

Your house reminds me of Mies in the late 1920s. See http://melbourneblogger.blogspot.com/2010/03/villa-tugendhat-bauhaus-in_17.html This may not be too surprising, since he was predicting future taste years and years ahead of time. But I would love to know the date your house was built.

Style Court said...

Hels,

Angie also was drawn to the Mies quality. It was designed and built in 1974.

Style Court said...

Hels, also, I know she'll appreciate your observation.

Things That Inspire said...

Loved seeing this house again - and I thought your last sentence was interesting. It is probably better to state that you are not receiving compensation for the post, as the rules seem to be changing with the recognition of the blog as marketing tool.

sinnlighet said...

Yes yes yes, your blog ..... it's amazing and soooo inspiring.

Nice to find you!

A small footprint from Agneta & Sweden

holly goes lightly said...

what a fabulous example of MCM, very rare in these parts and LOVE what she's done with it... that jewel box won't be on the market long.

saint honoré home said...

really enjoyed a visit to her website - thanks so much for introducing her work to us all;)

The Peak of Chic said...

This means that we'll get to see a newly decorated house of hers soon!

beachbungalow8 said...

So So.Cal. It Looks like it could be nestled in the Hollywood Hills. Great find!