Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

3.11.2010

Just Another Day at the Office

[Photographs courtesy Liz Banfield and Tara Guerard Soiree.] 

A technical glitch caused me to loose internet access for a few hours today so I'm a little behind. But before the day's end I wanted to quickly share Liz Banfield's photographs of the newly revamped Tara Guerard Soiree offices in Charleston, South Carolina. Behind the sofa is a framed vintage Japanese wedding kimono. It's one of Tara's prized bargain finds and the perfect thing for a wedding designer's workplace. To see more of the kimono, click here and scroll down to "Tara's Tidbits."


To see Tara's New York office, visit Scout Designs, click on Projects, and then click on Flatiron Office. For a loosely related past post with Japanese textile links, click here.

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love that orange wall! How bright and peppy for a work environment!

Tina Steele Lindsey said...

I am having some computer issues of late myself, but thankfully not so that I couldn't see this post! Love it!

This Photographer's Life said...

I'm so glad your computer is working again! Whew

This Photographer's Life said...

I'm so glad your computer is working again! Whew

Mrs. Blandings said...

That space would make you look forward to going in to work.

Boxwood Terrace said...

Not a cubicle in sight! I only wish....

CDS said...

i love the inspiration wall.

Marija said...

This is a terrific space. Bold colors, classic furnishings, function balanced with form and all that bright light in the front! Who wouldn't love to go to work there every day!?! Marija

Karena said...

The images, the rooms are perfect.
I am looking for a rug like this. You would not think it would be so difficult to find!

Karena
Art by Karena

Janet said...

What an inspirational work space. Love the kimono and the orange walls. Do you think they are hiring?

alexis said...

trying to find a tiny desk so that I can convert a nook into my home office. the kitchen table isn't cutting it. thanks for the inspirations!