Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

3.10.2010

Everyone's Talking About Calke

Since I'm a textile nut, Emile de Bruijn of the National Trust recently shared with me wonderful pictures of the embroidered Chinese pieces hanging on the Calke State Bed. Those were posted here several weeks ago and in the interim the Trust launched a terrific new blog, Treasure Hunt. Today, Emile revisited Calke. The striking assemblage above, just one of many vignettes at this eccentric house, caught my eye.

8 comments:

little augury said...

The NT blog is wonderful, love the MS fabrics and LOVE the interview- I hope you don't fell the pressure knowing we all turn to you for some sweet inspiration.pgt

Style Court said...

Gaye -- Yes, Emile is doing a great job!

Just you saying you find sweet inspiration here gives me motivation to start again tomorrow. Thanks!

erica@ moth design+luxe life said...

Inspiration indeed. I make semi-precious jewelry... or at least, I used to. Women loved my necklaces and I enjoyed sharing them. This image gave me a much needed boost to get back in to it! (it's been almost 4 years) thanks! xo

Style Court said...

Erica -- Always happy to hear a post has a positive impact!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

The Treasure Hunt blog is such a treasure trove of great beauty, information and interest to anyone that appreciated architecture or design. A real joy to read.

Karena said...

Courtney you have way much more than a positive impact, education in the arts in every area is crucial. Hopefully when these posts are read, the news will spread down to generations below!

Emile de Bruijn said...

Thank you all very much, and Courtney in particular, for your support. In the past our organisation has been seen as slightly remote, and my blog is one attempt to open us up a bit.

Janet said...

The National Trust is such a great organization and I am so glad to see more information becoming available online. (BTW, it is a NT bonanza day! My Royal Oak Newsletter just arrived in the mail last night, along with the NT Magazine and 2010 Handbook.)