Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

2.16.2010

Green Zone

[Interior design by Sara Tuttle. Photography by Lissa Gotwals.]

Remember when I speculated that green lampshades might be the new red lampshades? I really meant that both are super-classic (in fact I'm the proud owner of two red drum shades) but verdant shades had been catching my eye. Well, green grabbed my attention again this week as I looked at Sara Tuttle's online portfolio. Based in Washington, D.C. and named one of Domino's "Ten to Watch," Sara is known for her lovely color sense.

Regarding these lampshades, she describes them as kelly-green. She told me, "I love the color and think it is so lively, calming and fresh. The shades add a lot of of whimsy to this small little space and every time you walk into the room, the unexpected pop of color makes you smile."

Sara found lamps with the painted metal shades at Stray Dog Designs and opted to mix the bold green on a different lamp base.

By the way, her new site just launched, so be sure to enjoy browsing her entire portfolio.

More green: Rikshaw Design's Taj baby blanket with monkeys and elephants.

9 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

Fresh! Green! Spring! It looks wonderful.

cbell said...

Love those green lampshades.. great fresh idea.

Mélanie said...

Love the green lampshades , look fantastic. It seems Green is the color and I like it

Dean Farris said...

Hi Courtney,

Love those shades ! Check out the green walls at The Pink Door site... Greensboro, N.C.

Dean Farris Naples, FL

urban flea said...

green is absolutely positively my favorite color in the world, so natually i loved this post. hope you're having a great week!

xo urban flea :)
http://www.urbanfleadesign.net

The Peak of Chic said...

Those green shades are like the icing on the cake in this room. Love them!

Claire Watkins, ASID allied said...

I do love the green. So punchy and fresh. I go by the idea that green goes with everything because it is everywhere in nature and we don't look outside and think the vista does not 'match'. Plus, exciting to know Stray Dog Designs carries the hard lamp shades (with gold insides, I hope)!

Thanks for noticing my little blog makeover earlier in the week, too, Courtney. It's fun (and I can't wait to check out Sara's portfolio)!

rikshaw design said...

thanks so much for the rikshaw love!
we love your blog!

The Muddy Dog said...

Those lampshades are to die for and I have just the place for them in my sunroom!