Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

2.16.2010

Another John Folsom Sighting

Okay, I've already posted the cover of the exhibition catalog for Lure of the Lowcountry, on view in Charleston, South Carolina at the Gibbes Museum of Art through April 18. But fans of contemporary artist John Folsom can also see an example of his work in the Curator's Corner at Spotlight on Art in Atlanta through Saturday, February 20. The Curator's Corner (literally a corner of the open-to-the-public Artists Market) highlights art that will be auctioned during the Gala on February 27 at 6:30 p.m. at the Georgia Aquarium.

In case you're just tuning in, here's the full scoop on the free-admission Market.

And speaking of the Gibbes, click here for an interesting museum blog post about art on the road.

5 comments:

AVan said...

I adore this man's work. If you grew up in that part of the country, as I did, the moodiness/ephemera of memory nails my recollections of childhood. Thanks for sharing this one.:-)

Style Court said...

Hi AVan,

That's a wonderful description. Thanks for sharing. I'm so excited about the Gibbes show.

Tina Steele Lindsey said...

Good heavens, I am in heaven. Like AVan, I, too, grew up in the lowcountry of Beaufort SC and Savannah, and many trips to Charleston. I absolutely drool and fall over when I see my first sign of moss when I leave Atlanta and go south. Thank you for this wonderful post. How exciting.

Ragland Hill Social by Gwen Driscoll said...

Just love his work. Thanks for the info. Hope you are well.

Lisa Borgnes Giramonti said...

Oh Courtney, it's been too long since I lost myself in your blog! I just spent the past hour going through your posts and am as always, so inspired and excited by all your passions made public...and thanks for the mention of my bookshelves, too. :) xx