Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

1.07.2010

More Juxtapositions

[Detail of photo by Pieter Estersohn for Southern Accents, September-October 2009.]

Here's another effortless mix of fine art, sculptural elements (the figure resting on top of the stacked books appears to be a Southeast Asian deity but a small piece of modern sculpture could be similarly placed), and family pictures in Amelia Handegan's den. According to Southern Accents, Handegan found the portrait in Paris.

And just a reminder, if you have an affinity for portraits, Charleston's Ann Long Fine Art is a good source.

11 comments:

DoxaHome.com said...

Oh, I do love a good tablescape;)

Best,
Jaime

Style Court said...

I forgot to mention that I also love the brilliantly colored Domus volumes on the traditional bookshelf :)

Shani said...

What a beautiful scene. The portrait is so magnetic, and everything is placed just right. I haven't stopped in at Ann Long Fine Art in a while, now I'm going to make it a point next time I head down to Charleston!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

That mini arm chair is adorable! I love that it's in the same fabric as the normal sized chair beside it!

katiedid said...

Just spending some "me" time going back and catching up on all of your beautiful posts. I love your concentration on how art and objects play off of and enhance each other. I am in the midst of rearranging after the holidays....so it's very inspiring! Thanks Courtney. :)

Style Court said...

Happy New Year Katie! Have fun rearranging.

CDS said...

I have been wanting to hang art on a bookshelf like that for a while. it looks so pretty!

red ticking said...

just love all of the "bits" in this shot... wow...

Online Shopping Stores said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lacquered Life said...

Love Amelia, love her shop, love Ann Long, and love these photos! I always love Amelia's color schemes ... the best! Thanks, great post!

Emile de Bruijn said...

This sort of nonchalant layering reminds me of the work of the French decorator Jacques Grange, whom you are no doubt aware of.