Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

12.15.2009

Wrapping Things Up

I think my readers are a super-creative, highly energetic bunch with plenty of talents to offer, so I want to share a quick reminder about CHRIS Kids' wish list and volunteer opportunities. CHRIS Kids is an Atlanta-based non-profit organization that serves teens and children entrenched in Georgia’s child welfare system. Some of the kids live in one of eight group homes, but the organization also provides intensive support to families struggling to stay together.

While December 15th is the deadline for donating specific holiday presents, there is a wish list of items that are desired throughout the year. For example, removable wall decals that allow kids of all ages to personalize their rooms without damaging the walls, twin sheet sets, art supplies, DVDs, and gift cards. Click here for more. To learn about the annual holiday wrapping parties, and other volunteer opportunities, click here.

Still running around trying to find a creative present for a close friend? I've grouped all of the gift pairings together here, and there are some terrific garden-related books listed here.

The gift wrap review is here.

[Screen grab in last photo montage is © Bright Star, Apparition 2009. Ribbon is from M & J. Follow links for complete photo credits.]

11 comments:

Katherine Lee said...

ooo i love ribbon! would it be tacky to ask for my lovely ribbon back after someone's opened the present? ;)

xo katherine aka. urban flea :)
http://www.urbanfleadesign.net

Mrs. Blandings said...

Ah! I just sent myself a note about the Penguin hard copies today. No surprise to find them here.

La Maison Fou said...

Peeked at the India with love at Barneys ....last week, interesting book.
Love the cover!
Leslie

Maureen Sullivan Stemberg, Interiors said...

Loved the hardcover book!! The way Dickens should be read...Ribbons quite fun. Great gift ideas and gifts to the many this year that need a bit of cheer. Thank you, Maureen

Shani said...

Wonderful gifts, and a fabulous opportunity to give back!

Lize said...

Oh yes, we are ALL of those wonderful things you said in you opening line!!!!

Mélanie said...

I love the way you wrapped your gifts, the silk ribbons look gorgeous. Your leather Hippo is gorgeous,I've just bought a leather pig and I love it

Style Court said...

Thanks Melanie :) I borrowed him from my parents.

Style Court said...

Melanie -- enjoy the pig!

us said...

I have two rhinos - one the size of your hippo and a jumbo couch-sized one that my parents got at Liberty's of London in the 60's. Just thought I'd share.
Love how it looks under your tree.

Style Court said...

Hi Us,

Glad you did share. I love the vintage ones! Yours sound great. My uncle had a 1960s pig, and my parents have newer mama and baby hippos. One day I'd like the elephant :)

Your jumbo version must be terrific.
Cheers,
Courtney