Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

12.01.2009

Tuesday's Gift Pairing

In an ideal world I'd hand-deliver to my flower-loving friends copies of Mrs. Delany and Her Circle (the new book that celebrates female accomplishments in the 18th century by surveying Mary Delany's remarkable craft work, including her amazing cut-paper botanicals that blur the line between fine art and craft) paired with ravishing arrangements from Saipua. But that would exceed my budget for holiday presents. A nice thought though. Maybe someone reading this will be inspired to do his or her own twist on the idea.

Flowers at Saipua photographed by Emerson Merrick. Click it to see all the beautiful details.

Little Augury, who received the book as a gift, sent in another possible pairing: Roost's hand-cast brass myrtle.

12 comments:

Enzie Shahmiri said...

Looks like a really lovely book to browse through.

Betsy Head, Affordable Interior Design said...

Lovely burgundies!

Betsy

Kifus said...

Gift pairing is an excellent idea! It shows you went just a bit further when choosing your gifts!

Thanks for reminding me of this idea. Have a lovely day!

Laura Trevey said...

gorgeous arrangements!!

Mel said...

That book would make a Fantastic Christmas gift. Love the arrangements.
-M

little augury said...

Courtney- I got this book for my birthday- I have a great pairing for you that will not break the budget- and I will email you a picture! GT

Style Court said...

Kifus -- thank you!

GT -- now I'm curious!

home before dark said...

Little Augury turned me to the Mrs. Delaney and Her Circle. It is a wonderful read. What an amazing cross section of events: natural history, love of gardening, a life-time of building skills so that the 70 year old + woman could create dazzling paper botanicals.

Cassandra said...

Just found your blog - it's fantastic!

Style Court said...

Thanks Cassandra!

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Great ideas for my mother, thank you.

Jennifer said...

that arrangement! goodness.