Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

12.23.2009

Maybe Next Year


I watched Oprah's special, caught as much as I could of HGTV's coverage, and perused Alabama Chanin online. But detailed images of the hand-stenciled and stitched Christmas tree skirt that Alabama Chanin made for the White House Blue Room eluded me. The best shot I've seen so far is here.

I still love trees in pots, although the idea of a snowy Alabama Chanin tree skirt is appealing. (Since I don't have to work around the historic Blue Room, I'd select one sans bold border.) Apparently a lot of others feel the same way because Kathy Kemp reports that Chanin is already taking orders for custom skirts for Christmas 2010. For those inclined to sew their own, Chanin's online store offers stencils, fabric and myriad other supplies. Also available are stocking kits.

I love the grosgrain elastic. All images shown here © Alabama Chanin. The White House holiday special is scheduled to air again on HGTV, December 24 at 8 p.m. and at 8 a.m. on Christmas morning.

Update: 2:36 p.m.
More visuals just uploaded to official White House site.

6 comments:

Southern Aspirations said...

WOW. I admit I missed the hubub about Chanin but I love the website. Some fabulous fabrics and stencils!

The Peak of Chic said...

Merry Christmas Courtney! I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday :)

home before dark said...

May all things bright and beautiful be on its way to you and yours and may you have an art-filled new year.

Style Court said...

Warmest wishes Jennifer, SA, HBD :)

Visual Vamp said...

Merry Christmas darling.
xo xo

Style Court said...

Merry, merry Valorie