Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

12.03.2009

Jill Hooper Still Life


Charleston's Ann Long Fine Art hosts an opening for Jill Hooper, the acclaimed young painter known for her use of classic technique, Friday, December 4 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.

[Tim Hussey photographed artist Jill Hooper in her home for Charleston Magazine, September 2008. The work shown at top is a small oil on linen, 2¾" x 7¼", copyright Jill Hooper.]

5 comments:

Niki Papadopoulos said...

You can absolutely add that to my Christmas list! My late Uncle was a painter and did a lot of still life work that I just treasure. These are beautiful!

Laura Trevey said...

These are beautiful... as well as your fabulous blog...
I linked you in my Christmas Time post.

xo Laura

Lacquered Life said...

Amazing! Got and email about this opening, and was soo glad to see it here! Ann is a friend and neighbor in Charleston--fab artists, fab gallery!

Karena said...

Jill's art works are so traditional and has that old world feeling! I love it.

Maureen Sullivan Stemberg, Interiors said...

So very beautiful. Wish, I could be in Charleston...One of my fav cities.
I know what I am putting on my Christmas list. Lovely post.