Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

12.16.2009

I Think I'm Done

What's the name of that Food Network show? The Best Thing I Ever Ate? That's an impossible question to answer, but if pressed I might say the bourbon balls from Old Louisville Candy Company -- no offense Momo. (First learned about them here.) As of a few days ago, the small company was still taking holiday orders so I was able to purchase the last gift on my list. And as soon as I removed the mailing box the faint smell of bourbon filled the air.


If you are in the Atlanta area and looking for a reasonably priced treat, don't forget McEntyre's cheese straws. This bakery is out in Smyrna, Julia Roberts old stomping ground, but worth the trip. The cheese straws rank up there with the bourbon balls and cost $5.76 for a package of three dozen. For an option intown, visit Rhodes Bakery.


[Cheese straw image via McEntyre's. I receive no compensation for mentioning these products; I just love them.]

9 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

I'm a big fan of McEntyre's cheese straws but still haven't had the bourbon balls! Thank you for reminding me about them. You certainly have some lucky friends and family :)

Style Court said...

J -- They are SO good. A bit more like candy, as the name of the company makes pretty obvious, but not at all cloying. And the bourbon smell wafting through the box screams Christmas.

Janet said...

I was recently introduced to the joys of bourbon balls...and I must say, afterwards I was quite happy indeed (if bouncing off the walls)! I think consumable gifts are the best kind...from a special jar of lemon curd to a bottle of good olive oil. How can you go wrong!?

DMC said...

Coincidentally, I sent a box of the Happy Balls to a friend and they arrived today. Kept getting emails throughout the day with raves. So they do make a good gift! Now I need some for myself. But first, some cheese straws?

Grant K. Gibson said...

I think that I first heard about the cheese straws from you or was it from Jennifer? Now I have to add these bourbon balls to my list (I love bourbon).
Just another reason that I must have been a "southerner" in a past life...

Cote de Texas said...

omg!!
I am serving those cheese straws at my hanukkah party!!! too funny. I mean - really.

C: have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Years!
Joni

Style Court said...

DMC -- good choice! I think most anyone would love these. Well, adults. As a child, my sister didn't care for bourbon balls. I on the other hand have always liked them :)

Janet -- glad you've discovered them!

Grant -- if you have time to order a small box it will be so worth it.

Happy Hanukkah Joni!

Kristin said...

The cheese straws sounds so heavenly!

Karena said...

Mmmmmm, yummy everyone loves treats as a gift!