Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

11.01.2009

Reader Request: Holiday Cards


I've received some requests to start the annual tradition of highlighting holiday cards. It probably feels way too early to some of you, after all most of us still have soggy pumpkins that need to be cleared away.

But we also want to take advantage of the card sales. My friend Alli alerted me to the ongoing sale at Kate's Paperie, which has been extended through November 21. Shown here are a few discounted favorites: letterpress pine needles, at top, $11.06 for six cards and coordinating envelopes; Vera Wang's cardinal, second, $28.44 for ten cards with ten hand-lined envelopes.

William Arthur's letterpress snowflake with blue metallic accents, another Kate's find, $22.91 for ten cards and ten blue-lined envelopes.


Kate Spade for Crane options are always hard to resist. This year it's Partridge in a Pear Tree, litho printed using red and green with gold accents. $35 for ten cards and ten red-lined envelopes.

Anne continues to add to her Etsy shop selections with pretty interiors. Stay tuned for upcoming posts that explore handmade options.

7 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

This is one of my favorite series. These look great with the new header.

Karena said...

Courtney, I love the Pine Needle design with little cardinal!

Brilliant Asylum said...

Love the retro-pine needle print. That need to be a fabric.

Laura Casey Interiors said...

William Arthur's are always my choice but I love all of your suggestions. Never too early!

sharon taftian interior design said...

I love the gorgeous, holiday-neutral cards. I might just have to add the snowflake and pine needles to my collection.

Tara Dillard said...

Love, love your C. sasanqua. Saw the same one in a friend's garden yesterday. She didn't know the cultivar. Do you still have the tag?

Isn't it funny the colors a garden will toss together?

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

Style Court said...

Hi Tara!

I don't, but you just taught me something new because I was pretty ignorant about the correct name. Only knew it was a camellia that was expected to be white and bloomed pink :)

I'm excited about how it bloomed this year -- I'll try to take another shot.