Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

10.30.2009

Slinks: A Haunted House in Charleston (and the Touch of Cotton)


This is as close as I think I'm going to get to a haunted house post. Click here to learn about the amazing 18th-century digs Haskell Harris rented when she first moved to Charleston.

And here are a few more pics from G & G. I wanted to revisit the feature on Andrea Nutt because everywhere I turn lately I'm seeing bouquets of cotton.

Even Tara Guérard recently used cotton for a wedding.

First two pictures are courtesy Haskell Harris; Andrea Nutt holds the copyright for image three; image four is from G & G; and the last picture is from Soiree by Tara Guérard.

3 comments:

J Tackett said...

I am haunted by those photos as well! Although the house may date from the 18th century, many elements such as the floor and doors date from a later renovation. It is hard to tell just by looking at the photo, but I'll guess the 1920s.

Mrs. Blandings said...

Wasn't Haskell's post terrific? Can't wait to see more of the next home.

style chronicle said...

I love Haskell's haunted home and her great style. I too am anxious to see what she has done with her current abode.