Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

10.22.2009

Shop Talk: Anglo-Anthro


After months of preparation, it's finally time for Anthropologie's first European store to open at 158 Regent Street in London's West End. The public is invited to see the vast new shop on Friday, October 23, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (I've heard the garden wall is amazing.) Click here for details.

Shown above, textile artist Becky Oldfield works on her signature Union Jacks, which will be a key part of the instore design. See Selvedge, issue 30 for more, and click here for a related Sundance Channel video with Becky and Anthro's buyer at large, Keith Johnson. Episode six of Man Shops Globe, scheduled for November 11, will highlight Keith's adventures in London.

Photos via
Selvedge.


More shop talk. A Madeline Weinrib sample sale will take place October 22 through November 1 at ABC Carpet & Home, 881 Broadway, (lower level) New York.

7 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

How I wish that I could visit the shop in person!!

Karena said...

Great designs I love the reds, and what can I say about Anthropology, just thrilled to have one on the Plaza!

C said...

Nothing like the iconic Union Jack to announce the arrival of the British opening! Do you think it'll be slightly edgier? The Madeline Weinrib pillow made me crave raspberry sherbet!

beachbungalow8 said...

I cannot wait to see the photos from that shop. And I never tire of the Union Jack pattern. So british rock n' roll. love it.

Tina Steele Lindsey said...

I love Anthropolgy - oxford boots!

the NEO-traditionalist said...

If only I were in New York to attend the Weinrib sale! Tragic!
XX Kate

plaisirs simples said...

how have i not heard about this sale?!?! i HAVE to go this week! thank you for informing everyone...or...me!