Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

10.01.2009

Lonny Magazine is Here!

Expectations have been high but I think Lonny founders Michelle Adams and Patrick Cline have exceeded them. Click here for nice long sumptuously detailed spreads of Deborah Needleman's garden, Grace Bonney's apartment, Carolina Irving's textile-filled home and so much more.

Images: Irving's bedroom and Needleman's garden courtesy Patrick Cline and Lonny. Click here to read Michelle's thoughts on the Irving apartment.

And don't forget: Grace's Savannah wedding is in the fall 2009 issue of Martha Stewart Weddings. I believe she'll be talking about it next week over at design*sponge.

[David Hicks image copyright dh1970]

An afterthought regarding Lonny: look for the masses of chunky beads that Irving hangs on her bedroom wall, layering the strands against patterned wallpaper. In the past I've shown examples of David Hicks, Schuyler Samperton and Irving hanging just a few strands in various rooms but the grouping shown in the new magazine is bolder.

Another fun thing about Lonny's digital format is how it allows readers to zoom in on the details. I've been checking out Irving's books and it looks like she owns the title I'm always going on about, Dawn Jacobson's Chinoiserie. (Used editions are typically available at Barnes & Noble starting at $19.95.)

I think she subscribes to Hali, too.

And I spotted Picasso and Jacqueline in there as well.

15 comments:

Karena said...

Beautiful, very nice, I haven't seen the magazine yet!

Grant K. Gibson said...

I am in LOVE with the magazine! I looked at it online last night and it is AMAZING! I wonder- how do I get into that (you know that already crossed my mind!)

Anonymous said...

I just checked out Lonny. How cute is that Caitlin McGauley who did the illustrations!

The Blushing Hostess said...

I just saw this over at EOS too - so looking forward to getting my hands on a copy!

TERI REES WANG said...

Got it! ;p

Anonymous said...

can you buy it at any borders or b&n?

Style Court said...

Lonny is an online magazine. It reads just like print but you flip through the pages on your computer screen. You can print the pages I think, if you wish.

Laura Casey Interiors said...

I have enjoyed having Lonny up on my screen and kind of flipping around when I want to. I was so glad to see the feature on Carolina Irving's apt and textiles.

Style Court said...

Me too. Totally loving the zoom feature. It's kind of addictive.

Anonymous said...

i didn't realize it was online only. i wish it was in a blog format like yours though--I think it would be easier to scroll down. the flipping takes very long to load and the zooming is not easy, which takes away from the experience. great magazine...just not sure this "print format" online is my cup of tea...but maybe i'm just old school!!! :)
plus, it's just their first issue, so i'm sure they'll work out the kinks.

Style Court said...

Hi Anon,

Sorry the loading is slow going on your end. That would be a drag. Have you tried the button that allows you to choose which format your prefer?

little augury said...

Great chock full post- I love the Carolina Irving apt. that one will be a classic. The mag. feels very Domino, and for D.lovers it will please- Some of the inspiration pages are product pushing-tired of that-maybe I am reading too many-right now I am loving it blogs! I am most impressed with your detecting skills-Wonderful info,what its all about.GT

Style Court said...

LA,

Appreciate that you notice my detective tendencies. I fear others might just call them obsessively weird tendencies!

little augury said...

Absol Not. This is what I think best of all things-nothing like a browse thru CI's library. I will have to go back and zzzzzoom.(this is my favorite room to be published in several years) I do like the more unstyled stylish look of it.GT

Sloane said...

Thank goodness for LONNY!! I still flip through my old Dominos (stroke of genius that I saved them) and it brings tears to my eyes. Finally there is a potential replacement! Love it!