Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

10.23.2009

Flovers

I was looking at some preview pages from the soon-to-be-released To India with Love when I noticed pictures related to artist Aldo Mondino and his circa 2000 exhibition, Flovers, inspired by the sights of India, flowers and lovers. The word "flovers" really stuck with me and I thought it could be our word of the day.

Scheduled to hit shelves in November, Assouline's lavish scrapbook has received lots of buzz, especially in the fashion press, so you may already know that this edition is meant to be a sort of love letter from New York to Mumbai. Contributors ranging from Tory Burch to Wes Anderson to Diane von Furstenberg share in the book their own personal impressions of the country and explain how the vibrant colors, the design and the people influence them.

Proceeds will be donated to The Taj Public Welfare Trust and benefit victims of last year's attacks in Mumbai. Click here to learn more about the project.

Pauline van Lynden's Rajasthan is a book I treasure (Seema owns it too) so I have high expectations for Assouline's 2009 release. Could be the perfect holiday gift for anyone passionate about color, art, textiles and travel.

4 comments:

home before dark said...

This looks very interesting. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I have to say every time your blog comes on my screen I always think that palette on the top is a flower painting! If I owned that board, I would frame it.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea this book was coming out- am thrilled, and will be ordering one for my parents for Xmas. Thanks.

Style Court said...

HBD --

I'm with you. PVE's palettes, the ones on boards, are like works of art!

Southern Aspirations said...

I've seen a few postings on this book and it only heightens the anticipation! Looks great.