Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

10.23.2009

The Coolest Cover

Later I'll be doing a proper review of To India with Love but I wanted to quickly follow up on today's earlier post and leave you with a larger version of the terrific cover. (Click to enlarge.) It's a Camille DuBois photograph of the Maharaja of Mysore. This morning I mentioned contributors to the luxe scrapbook including Wes Anderson and Diane von Furstenberg; here are a few more to pique your interest: Owen Wilson's mom, Laura Wilson; illustrator Florine Asch; Hugo Guinness, Kiki Smith, India Hicks and quite a few other creative souls. Now I think I'm in the mood to rent The Darjeeling Limited.

5 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

I have been fascinated by the Wilson brothers' mother. Can't imagine what it would have been like in that house. Love the new header!

Style Court said...

Oh, right Patricia -- three creative boys! Just like the Blandings household. Thanks for noticing the header. Anne is so talented!

Removalists Australia said...

I agree that this is the coolest Cover. Wow!!! I love it!!!

Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces said...

the cover is too cool,I need to get this book,
Have you read Holy cow -this book has a really fun cover too and the book is amazing as well:)
Cheers Deepali

Style Court said...

Hi Deepali,

No but I'll have to check it out!