Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

10.20.2009

The B. Viz Glossary

Curious to understand the difference between couching and guimped embroidery? Not sure what a beetled finish is? What about brocatelle? Textile collector and pillow designer Rebecca Vizard has added to her site a nice glossary of terms related to needlework and fabric. Click here to investigate.

Images of Rebecca's St. Joseph, Louisiana studio are shown courtesy of the designer. To see more, revisit this post.

12 comments:

little augury said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous. textiles and books-my weaknesses & my passions. G

Sweet Dreams Preppy said...

I so badly want to get into needlepoint...this may just be the perfect place to begin.

Laura Casey Interiors said...

I am going to Louisiana at the holidays. I would love to make a visit to see her. so so gorgeous.

Mrs. Blandings said...

Ah! I could spend days there - wonderful.

JBeaudetStudios said...

I love fabrics. I just wish I could sew! These are gorgeous!

The Peak of Chic said...

Gosh. What a beautiful and rich array of fabrics! A dream come true for many of us!

Karena said...

Fabrics such as these take my breath away!

seema said...

beautiful- love the glossary too- very helpful

Ideezine said...

Ah yes!! Great to see such beautiful fabrics and dream of ways to use them. I love fabric and the glossary is vital, for knowing the integrity of the fabric.

Bette

My Dog-Eared Pages said...

What an amazing resource... Thank you once again Courtney!

Lynne Rutter said...

oh lovely! i have a weakness for fabric and passementarie. and i love to collect words. i have a glossary on my site as well.

Rebecca Vizard said...

Thank you so much for all of your kind words. Courtney, you were one of the first people to register for my updates in 2002 when I started focusing more on the pillows and less on interior design. Now its all pillows and keeps me very busy in the middle of nowhere! Would love any visitors!