Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

10.05.2009

Another Bucket List (and Nancy Power's Book)

All of the flowers in the past couple of posts made my mind wonder to ice buckets because I love how these vessels can do double duty as vases. Sort of like a dressed up version of the galvanized buckets florists use. So away we go with another bucket roundup.

Clockwise from the top left: handtooled ice bucket (or soup tureen) from The Loaded Trunk; vintage brass bucket, followed below by large minimal glass version, both from High Street Market; Gorham silverplate option from Eddie Ross; the ever-popular simple country glass bucket from William Yeoward makes an encore; and last is another vintage piece from Found. Click picture to enlarge. Prices range from about $50 to $200.

Above, an alternate view of the Yeoward and Found options.

Flowers on the work table at Saipua photographed by Emerson Merrick.


Back to gardens, Hennessy Ingalls hosts a booksigning with landscape designer Nancy Goslee Power on Saturday, October 17th from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at the Santa Monica store. The new book is also available through Amazon.

9 comments:

Ideezine said...

Love them all especially the glass it can be used for many things so elegantly.

Bette

Kelly Galvin Robson said...

I love ice buckets like these (and the two in my shop would be mine if my husband hadn't had enough of my obsessive collecting). One decorative ice bucket can make such a statement on a bar tray, and you're right, they would make a stunning vessel for fresh flowers... Hmmm. Might have to sneak one off the site and into my house!

Southern Aspirations said...

Love ice buckets. Especially when one finds a way to use them in some chick, alternative way. Good roundup!

sarah @ realestatestyle said...

great idea on the ice buckets. We have a pewter one that we never use!

Brilliant Asylum said...

10 years ago, I bought a silver plated ice bucket at TJ Maxx for about $12. I use it more than any other vase I have!

Shani said...

Ice buckets are some of my favorite vessels for arranging flowers... especially a silver one overflowing with hydrangeas!

Sanity Fair said...

Love the tortoise - my favorite look!

Ms. Wis./Each Little World said...

Love the Wm. Yeoward glass bucket. Galvanized florists buckets look great at home. I have one currently filled with a massive bouquet of toad lilies. It's sitting on a big galvanized tray so I don't have to worry about the vase sweating. Drooled over the Powers book but talked myself out of buying it as the gardens are just too difficult to achieve given the climate difference between there and here. But I love her work.

found said...

thanks Courtney! what a great idea to use an ice bucket as the perfect vase for an arrangement....you've inspired us!