Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

9.28.2009

Ten Good Things

The editors of Canadian House & Home gave me a fun challenge: choose ten favorite design elements. It's always incredibly hard to narrow the field of great ideas out there, but I had a good time pouring over pictures from the past year and beyond. For example, I realized that Betsy Burnham was way ahead of the curve during the early-to-mid-2000s with her Sherwin Williams "Needlepoint Navy" walls. And Grant Gibson really is the go-to man for chic-yet-practical storage solutions.

I hope you enjoy looking at the roundup. (Thanks House & Home for inviting me to participate, and thank you to each tastemaker and designer for the inspiration!)

FYI: Talented Michael Penney's teriffic home is featured today in a wonderful H & H slideshow. I love his alternative to the expected kitchen island. Check it out here.

Image at top, Betsy Burnham design photographed by Lisa Romerein. Second picture also courtesy Betsy, and third image courtesy Grant Gibson.

22 comments:

Ivy Lane said...

How daunting that must have been to pick just ten good things! I enjoyed the slide show and commentary very much....and as always learned something new!

Happy Monday!

Style Court said...

Good morning Ivy -- glad you enjoyed it. Isn't Michael Penney inspirational?

Ivy Lane said...

Yes, so fresh and alive!

Karena said...

I adore all of your choices. The staircase image is one of my all time faves! Congratulations Courtney!

kelly said...

I love it!!!

Style Court said...

Kelly, Karena, so happy you had a chance to see it. Have a great day!

The Peak of Chic said...

Great choices Courtney! Loved them all!!

Style Court said...

Thanks Jennifer!

The Blushing Hostess said...

Well done and thank you for pointing it out, I seem to miss everything in the new baby information coma if it does not appear in Reader...

Mrs. Blandings said...

Courtney - thanks for including me in the line-up. Incredibly flattered.

Style Court said...

Thanks BH! The editors are lovely and did such a nice job pulling it all together, so anything to help spread the word about H & H.

I know you're super busy so I appreciate you stopping by.

Style Court said...

P --

Thanks for styling that inspirational vignette last year!

Grant K. Gibson said...

Thank you so much Courtney!
You are the best! I just love Canadian House and Home and am so happy to be part of this online and to be one of your picks- you are TOO sweet!

Style Court said...

Grant, you were such a great sport to let me use your bathroom tote!

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Great choices Courtney! I love all of the images that you chose. I think you need a green leather chair from Santa.

Style Court said...

Thanks Laura! From your lips to Santa's ears.

Anna Spiro said...

I adored your selections. So stylish as always.

xo
Anna

Style Court said...

Oh I'm glad Anna.

x

At Town Square said...

Such beautiful pictures. I loved perusing through all of them.

Style Court said...

Town Square -- so glad you stopped by. Thanks.

maison21 said...

loved your feature- betsey's home is one of the prettiest i've ever had the privilege to have a tour of, so i'm glad you included it!

Style Court said...

Maison, thanks for stopping by. The more I study Betsy's work, the more complex I see it is, and I love it even more. How lucky you are to be located so close to her!