Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

9.25.2009

Man Shops Globe II

While we wait for the debut of Man Shops Globe, Sundance Channel's new television series, I thought you might enjoy a quick overview of the eight scheduled episodes. Each Wednesday night at 10 p.m., Anthropologie's buyer extraordinaire, Keith Johnson, will seek fresh finds in a different country.

Things kick off October 7th when we can catch Keith in France on the hunt for affordable large-scale furniture to place in new shop locations set to open in the U.K., as well as in existing stores. Look for adventures in Paris and in Provence. During the second episode, we're along for the ride in South Africa. There Keith asks his African agent, Trevyn McGowan, to point him toward the unexpected; ceramics, roadside markets and high-end recycled design are among the things they explore.


Other locations on the itinerary include Turkey (for textiles), Tunisia (where the team spots beautiful blown glass), the U.K., India, and Argentina. In Holland and Belgium, Keith brainstorms ways to interpret sleek Modernist décor for Anthropologie's devoted customers who often gravitate toward pretty, not-so-stark rooms.

To learn about the artisans represented in the series, click here. The main page of the official website is here, and video clips of the artists are here.

All images posted with permission from Sundance Channel and Anthropologie. Click the first three to enlarge and see the details.

9 comments:

little augury said...

Looks great! GT

Style Court said...

Aren't the animal sculptures great?

little augury said...

Yes- would love to do this for the rest of my life-Not blog,But travel and see this & buy these wonderful things to share, maybe even sell. GT

Laura Casey Interiors said...

This is so great and I am looking forward to it. I have a client who LOVES Anthropologie and we are trying to work around that style and make it a little more sophisticated for her LR. I have passed this on to her which she will be thrilled about so- big thanks!

Style Court said...

Laura, also I just noticed there are great video previews recently added to the Sundance Channel site. She might enjoy that.

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

Oh my, thanks for the "heads up." I hadn't heard about the show. Definitely a must watch! Sounds fab!

Have a great weekend, Lynn

Ivy Lane said...

I wonder, How does one score such a fabulous job!??!.. I will definitely check this out on Sundance! LOVE, Anthropologie!

studioJudith said...

Though not a big TV fan .. . this is one I'll definitely make time for.
Thanks for the heads up!

Karena said...

Yes, I want that Job, Can I apply and where? I love Anthropologie!