Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

8.06.2009

My In Box

This morning I found in my inbox a very graciously written message about the sad demise of Southern Accents. The news feels especially personal for several reasons, one being that last year I had the pleasure of writing a couple of stories for the magazine. Julie Miller , Karen Carroll, and Kate Johnson are among the most supportive editors I've ever worked for. It will take me more than a few hours to put together a proper post about SA. Tonight I'm just thinking about the talented crew: Alison Miller, Dawn Cannon, Frances MacDougall, Amber Henderson, Holly Goff, and of course Karen and Julie.

Photo above by Lauren Rubinstein courtesy Southern Accents.

Here is a link to the NY Times analysis.