Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

7.13.2009

Slinks: Hayley Gaberlavage

Monday's artist is Hayley Gaberlavage. A big thanks to her fellow artist, Amanda Talley, for the introduction. Hayley studied at SCAD after earning her bachelor's degree from the University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa. Enjoy browsing her website.


From the top,
Dots and Loops I
36" x 48"
Acrylic on Panel

Perdido Key
12" x 12"
Acrylic on Canvas

Untitled
58" x 48.5"
Acrylic on Canvas

LES I
9" x 12"
Mixed Media on Paper

BTW: I couldn't help wondering if Hayley might be related to the Alabama artist, Miss Louise Gaberlavage. She's not, as far as she knows, but what a coincidence that two artists with Alabama connections share the name. Shown above, Miss Louise's portrait of a very young Cooper Ray. Mr. Ray is a fan of both women's work, and he showed Hayley's at his restored 1890's brothel-turned-bar in Opelika, Eighth & Rail.

5 comments:

La Maison Fou said...

Nice colors....I also enjoyed the piece on the right frame!
L

Amanda Stone Talley said...

I just met Hayley two weeks ago and now she's my neighbor! I look forward to being able to collaborate and have afternoon cocktails- as she lives three houses down from my studio. I love her work too!

Laura Casey Interiors said...

I love the second one! Amanda so in the know.

little augury said...

so interesting, especially the first one- and I really like Amanda's big easy blog-and her art,thanks for let me know. la

French furniture said...

Lovely paintings!