Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

7.31.2009

Inspiration Board

I received a few requests to compile together on one board images representing the artists highlighted so far in the palette series. Unfortunately this version shows up a bit microscopic, but you can click the picture to enlarge. (You'll catch two duplicates that slipped in as I put the puzzle together.) The mix is random and the artists' portraits aren't necessarily placed next to their work. Included are:

Zuzka Vaclavik
Patricia van Essche
Karen Revis
Virginia Johnson
Amanda Talley
Heather Leigh Young
Hayley Gaberlavage
Elise Toups
Anne Harwell
Victoria Molinelli
Dana Gibson

(For detailed credits, click here. By the way, I didn't crop Karen's face; her portrait was photographed that way.)

Here's a link to the video of the day. Andy Spade on Designing Minds. I just revisited it earlier this afternoon.

16 comments:

fashionable palette said...

What a fun and colorful collage! There's something about the look of paint tubes, brushes, etc that I love...maybe because I can't paint?!

Ideezine said...

What fun this must have been to put this together. It's a great reminder that anything of your choosing can become art.

Bette

Ann said...

That's a cool and very artsy inspiration board... And yes, enlarging it is so worth it.

TERI REES WANG said...

Love the rainbow color collage!

little augury said...

A work of art within itself. A wonderful collage of palettes and the artists. la

Karena said...

I clicked to enlarge, and this collage is a work of art in itself, love it!

home before dark said...

I was one of several who suggested this and it is more beautiful than I anticipated. Glorious creativity exploding in amazing technicolor. Thanks for the treat! Used as wallpaper? Fabric? What fun.

Amanda Stone Talley said...

Love your collage board! It looks great! Thank you so much for including me in your artists palette post. It was a great idea and I loved seeing everyone else's workspace too.

Style Court said...

There are a couple more artists to be featured, but I so appreciate each creative person who let me use their images. Thanks so much, everyone, for the enthusiastic response here!

Style Court said...

And yes, Home Before Dark, thanks for your input the other day.

pve design said...

I for one an honored to be included in the palette series as well as read your blog and enjoy the research, the dedication and the passion you exude in all you do.
Thank-you!
Patricia
pve

Style Court said...

PVE -- as always you're so generous!

annechovie said...

I don't know how I missed this, Courtney, but it's just amazing!! You are quite the artist yourself...I'm honored to be included here. XX

Style Court said...

That means a lot Anne -- thanks so much.

xx

Lainie said...

That inspiration board is fabulous! I'd love a poster-size version for my studio wall.

Style Court said...

Oh so glad you like it Lanie! I'm not sure what the quality would be like if it was enlarged...hmm...you've got me thinking.