Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

7.22.2009

Betsy on the Small Screen

If, like me, you are a fan of West Coast designer Betsy Burnham and her firm's more affordable alternative service, Instant Space, be sure to tune in to Movie and a Makeover on Saturday, July 25 at 10:10 a.m. (Or at least record the program.) The dynamic Ms. Burnham is scheduled to appear during the interstitials and discuss her online-based IS projects. I'm told she'll offer viewers a tour of an IS client's L.A. home. Above is a sneak peek.

I don't want to miss the episode because it appears that "Contessa" from Quadrille's Home Couture collection (or a similar looking cousin) was chosen for the bedroom curtains, and I always enjoy studying Betsy's singular approach to mixing pattern, color and texture.

Further incentive to watch: Michael Smith alums Joe Lucas and Parrish Chilcoat are also scheduled to appear. In addition to their design studio, Joe and Parrish own Harbinger. I was doing some online browsing there and came across this beautiful Burton Machen print. For details contact the shop.


Extra: click here for one of my favorite past posts about Betsy Burnham, kids and furniture.

Image at top courtesy Burnham Design.

7 comments:

CDS said...

really like the use of color here!

Mrs. Blandings said...

A very good spy on the curtain fabric.

Tracy @ comfortandluxury said...

Ooh fun! I'll set the dvr. Thanks!

maison21 said...

love betsy, so you bet i'll dvr it!

bluehydrangea said...

Thanks for the tip! I've never even heard of Movie and a Makeover but I will tape it for sure..love Betsy Burnham.

The Peak of Chic said...

I'll make sure I'm home at that time to catch it. Thanks for the heads up!

katiedid said...

LOPVE Betsy and LOVE Quadrille!!