Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

7.27.2009

Artists' Palettes: Vicky Molinelli

If you're new to this blog and unacquainted with artist Victoria Molinelli, here's her story in a nutshell. Vicky attended the the Rhode Island School of Design, majoring in furniture design, but had to interrupt her studies and return to her native Argentina. She completed her education there with a BFA in Painting and Education, and ultimately landed in Los Angeles working for Ruthie Sommers. Today, limited edition prints of Vicky's watercolor interior renderings are available at Coleen & Co.

Most recently Vicky has taken up painting outside. In addition to her palette, she shares here samples off her larger, more abstract work.

Apart from being a talented painter, Vicky is something of a design huntress with a great eye for decorative objects. Check out her finds at Vicky's Yard Sale.

(I was curious about her inspiration board, so I tried to zoom in.)

For a related past post, click here.

20 comments:

Tamstyles said...

great talent..

twin2trip said...

I am loving her work. Actually I am loving the thought of having such talent while working in the space of hers.

The Consummate Hostess said...

Love her work!

The Peak of Chic said...

I think it's brave of her to have a rug in her studio- I'd be afraid that I'd spill paint all over it! I love her abstracts.

ALL THE BEST said...

Beautiful post Courtney. I love the artists' palettes series!

Style Court said...

Thanks Ronda!

Reviska said...

Inspiration Boards might be an interesting topic after the artist's palettes!

Style Court said...

Hi Reviska -- I agree! I started something in the past but I need to go back and clearly label those posts and continue working on it :)

Style Court said...

Thanks Reviska for prompting me!

annechovie said...

This series is so fun, Courtney. I love Vicky's work, so it's nice to be able to see more on her and get a peek inside her studio. I admire her ability to sit up like that and paint - my neck is hurting for her.

Vicky said...

Thank you everyone for the comments! I'm just excited to be part of this fun string of posts.
Anne, my neck does end up hurting most of the time, now I know why. That awkward position helps me keep a steady hand when needed!
Thanks Courtney for including me in your palette series, they are so much fun to read!

Kolkata Web Design said...

I liked your blog its nice. Keep it up good work.... Congratulation!!!

Web Design Company said...

Good posting its nice blog, i more like this blog, Thanks!!!!

Ideezine said...

Great post. I too enjoy seeing the great spaces of other artists studio's. Emotion fuels creativity and inspires others. We are visual creatures of habit, with the need to "see" everything.

Bette

Ivy Lane said...

Thanks for sharing! I am really enjoying getting glimpses into these wonderful artists' studio/work spaces and art palettes! So interesting!

Shani said...

Oh wow! Her work is beautiful. This is a great series. I love getting to peek at artists' workspaces. Really brilliant.

Renae said...

I so want to learn to paint....I love her desk and painting area. Great inspiration!

Marnie said...

love to see inspiration boards in action

Gina said...

her art is great, she must go to see Claude Monet's work and gardens in Giverny France ...
have a look at my blog, I've just been there

My pics are here:

www.ginaspics.net

greetings to all painters

Gina from Germany

Amanda Stone Talley said...

Her work is so interesting! l love the combination of figurative and abstraction. Great Post!