Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

7.21.2009

Artists' Palettes: Hayley Gaberlavage

As mentioned the other day, Alabama native and fine artist, Hayley Gaberlavage, is Amanda Talley's newest neighbor. In addition to offering a peek at her palette, she is graciously letting us into her NOLA studio. (I love the exposed brick and that long upholstered bench.) Like many of the women featured here recently, Hayley also studied at SCAD after earning her bachelor's degree. Today her paintings are in numerous public collections across the U.S., including a spot in my neck of the woods -- the Ritz Carlton, Buckhead.


Take note of her strong use of color, evident in her work as well as her approach to styling these casual photographs.

8 comments:

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Her studio looks fabulous and I love that window!

The Consummate Hostess said...

What a delightfully inspiring studio! Love her paintings, thanks for sharing!

Style Court said...

I'm so glad you all like it. She's done such an inspiring job with it!

Karena said...

Great studio all light and fresh, it is beautiful as is her work.

flyoungstudio said...

Just gorgeous! Love the light feeling with the high ceilings and windows. (and of course that pop of yellow)

pve design said...

Great space, and I love those jars... I use jars for water too.
pve

Marni said...

I love these behind the scenes looks. My mother in law is an artist and i get to peek in during the summer. A treat!

Alicia said...

I love the blues & greens canvas hanging. Bold...every home needs a bit of bold.