Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

6.27.2009

Wall of the Day: Jill Hooper

Tim Hussey photographed artist Jill Hooper in her home for Charleston Magazine, September 2008. Hooper is among the younger classically trained realist painters represented by Ann Long Fine Art, and her work is included in the preview for the upcoming Young Collectors' Show. You can also see Hooper's work in the permanent collection of the Gibbes Museum of Art. Private collectors who are fans include Charleston tastemaker Tara Guerard.

5 comments:

Rebecca@Harmony and Home said...

Wow! Jill Hooper's art work is amazing. I wish I had a wall of paintings that I could claim as my own!

Style Court said...

Hi Rebecca,

Her work is amazing, and I think she many works from her friends in her collection.

Porchlight Interiors said...

A wall of art certainly makes a room interesting! This is simply lovely! Tracey xx

CDS said...

that does look lovely--i've been meaning to do something like that with my work. Now I am inspired!

The Peak of Chic said...

I like how the frames lend cohesiveness to the different paintings. The whole space is really interesting.