Style Court

Nine Years of Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

6.22.2009

Artist of the Day: Amy Dixon

I first became acquainted with Amy Dixon's work at an Atlanta gallery about seven years ago. Why it's taken me so long to mention her here, I don't know. Anyone with a penchant for paintings of interiors will appreciate Dixon's style and enjoy looking at rooms through her eyes. You'll notice that chairs are often a focal point for her.

A graduate of Newcomb College, Dixon grew up in Monroe, Louisiana and currently resides in Colorado. Gallerist Ann Connelly represents her in Baton Rouge.


Credits from the top:

Modifications, Mixed Media on Canvas

Cocktail Mood, Mixed Media on Canvas
Seduction of French Sunlight, Mixed Media on Canvas
Petite Salon, Acrylic on Canvas

All
Amy Dixon, all courtesy Ann Connelly

Related reading: Jeremiah: A Romantic Vision

Above, Classically Luculus. Click here to visit Dixon's site.

Gerrie B's, Amy Dixon© 2009

BTW: In Atlanta, Dixon is represented by Huff Harrington.

10 comments:

home before dark said...

Thank you for the introduction. I am gobsmacked! Love the interior views!

Style Court said...

Home -- my pleasure!

Karena said...

A soft, ethereal look into these beautiful interiors! The first image by Stevens in your post below is gorgeous.

TERI REES WANG said...

Her visuals are lovely.
A little Matisse...
A little Singer-Sargent...

The Designer Insider said...

Thank you Amy Dixon for your wonderful art! I love the composition and colors!

The Peak of Chic said...

I really like her work and her sense of color too. Thanks for the introduction!

annechovie said...

Just beautiful, Courtney! Thank you for the introduction.

Belle said...

Quite nice! I checked out her site and I especially like the ones that soft and light yet seem to have all colors of the pastel rainbow. I love that they have oomph, color, and yet are soft and dreamy (three guesses on how much knowledge I have of art terminology, ha.

I will show them to my mother who actually paints.

The Antiques Diva™ said...

I so smitten... there is something about paintings of interiors that gets me everytime! Great find, as always.
Cheers,
Toma

Jackie Von Tobel said...

Beautiful paintings - I love that style! The colors are so vibrant but the overall image is ethereal and soft.