Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

4.27.2009

'Tis the Season

Just a little reminder for everyone in the Atlanta area: Shepherd Center's annual Derby Day benefit takes place this Saturday, May 2. Above are some related items. (I think I've done enough julep-related posts in the past, so I skipped those this time.)

From the top left: Happy Balls via G & G; vintage hunt scene tin from Jayson's Flea; vintage painting from Providence (sold) and small trophies also from Jayson's Flea.



The painting above has nothing to do with horses but it is another vintage piece from Providence. I didn't think to include it when I did all the portrait posts. I love that the subject is blowing a bubble. Very spring-like.

9 comments:

GrannySmithGreen said...

Saw the Happy Balls from G&G. I must try a batch for Derby Day. Love the fact that the nuts are soaked. How tasty! Thanks for the delicious reminder!

Heather van Breda said...

Great trophy picks. I keep gravitating toward trophies lately! But what I really love is the Amanda Talley you're showing under Regional Favorites. Fresh and whimsical. Really nice.

Stacy McCallum said...

Well if I can't attend Derby Day in person this is the next best thing. Jayson's flea is a bit dangerous! I think I'll stick to virtual window shopping.

JMW said...

Love the Derby tribute - I will be at Churchill the day before, on Oaks Day. If you get a chance to try the Happy Balls, do so. They're delicious!

Style Court said...

JMW -- just ordered some! Have a good time.

Style Court said...

Heather -- glad you noticed!

Style Court said...

GSG -- the soaking appealed to me too :)

Stacy -- yes, so many great things at Jayson's Flea.

The Peak of Chic said...

C- Your post reminded me of one Derby Day about 10 years ago or so. It had rained the night before and the ground was incredibly muddy. I couldn't believe all of the drunk girls who were covered in mud from their feet up to their waists! (I don't want to know how the mud got that far up their bodies!) Their shoes and dresses were ruined!! It was something else. I'll stay at home and eat Happy Balls ;)

Style Court said...

J -- I know! It's for serious party people but for a good cause. I'll be at home too :)