Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

3.20.2009

A Week of Nice Surprises

Who knew that my friends have so many great anecdotes related to portraits? It's been a treat to learn more about "Boomama," Miss Louise Gaberlavage from Alabama, and Girl with Remote. I love hearing about people's memories associated with home, and their cherished (or not so cherished) belongings. More portrait tales will continue next week.

I was also very flattered that Karen Carroll, Southern Accent's fearless leader and author of Entertaining with Southern Style, asked me to answer a few questions for Miss Gracious Living. The team behind the MGL blog offers all sorts of tips for making life a little more meaningful and enjoyable, so it was great fun to be a part of that. Although, I have to confess, I felt "Boomama's" mama should be answering the questions, not me!

Photographer Liz Banfield captured Charleston-based event planner, Tara Guerard, at her baby shower. Southern Accents covered the luncheon in their March-April 2008 issue.

10 comments:

Philip Bewley said...

I have enjoyed looking at all of your posts. Boomama really made me laugh.
Best regards,
Philip

Style Court said...

Oh, I'm glad. Thanks so much for stopping by Philip.

Have a good weekend.
Courtney

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

What a great interview. You are a true gracious lady, ma dear!

Style Court said...

So kind of you Linda! Thanks!

katiedid said...

I love all of your portrait posts....Boomama...funny! But you are right about the interesting woman who has many portraits of herself....such a romantic thought.

Style Court said...

Katie -- maybe you have some? :)

Karen said...

Courtney, thank you so much for participating in our little "Gracious Living" interview. Loved all your responses. Wish we could get your friend to give up her recipe for her mini-pound cakes . . .And next you're going to have to give me a tutorial on how you make all your gorgeous stationery. Take care!

Style Court said...

Hi Karen -- I was really flattered to participate and loved how you put it together.

Thanks again!

The Peak of Chic said...

Courtney, I've been away for over a week and am just now catching up. Wonderful post on the MGL blog. You are indeed a true Southern lady!

Style Court said...

Thanks Jennifer! And right back at you :)