Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

2.26.2009

Leafy Greens and Quote of the Week

I was happy to see Vesta Fort's name in the March-April Southern Accents. (She styled an alfresco vignette for Julia Reed's story on spring dining.) To help spread a little more spring fever, I thought it would be nice to round-out the week with Gustav Schmiege's pretty picture, above, and an image of a Miranda Brooks-designed garden, below.

The great quote I share in hopes of inspiring some weekend interior rearranging -- or just optimistic dreaming -- it comes from Patrick Dunne, same issue of Southern Accents:

"...I share in some small part the headstrong human instinct to order and embellish and evoke that guides every mortal sensible enough to know that we are the species in all creation most adept at decorating."

11 comments:

Lisa Borgnes Giramonti said...

Heather, those photos are gorgeous. I want my backyard to look just like the first one...now I have something to reference. Thanks for posting this! xx

Style Court said...

Oh good Lisa, glad it helped!
x
Courtney

fromtherightbank said...

I'd like to have dinner every night in that first photo, please.

Style Court said...

Right Bank -- me too.

tartanscot said...

O.M.G. - - - that first picture is just alarmingly charming!

yay . . . Spring is coming.

ALL THE BEST said...

I love that top photo! Thanks for the inspiration Courtney!

Style Court said...

tartan, I'm ready for spring too!

Ronda, have a great weekend!

Pigtown-Design said...

Have you ever been to Lucullus? It's just the most amazing place. So much good taste in such a small place!

Style Court said...

Meg -- I remember how much you loved it!

pve design said...

I can hardly wait to share the creation of the outdoors with those I love. It is a magical time for me. Memories of my Grandma saying, "Could the grass possibly be any greener?" My son, when he was 3 said it was "dewishous" as he plucked the first crocus.

Style Court said...

Patricia VE--that's one of the sweetest things I've ever heard.