Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

2.26.2009

Gallery Hopping II

At long last the mailman just dropped off my copy of the March-April Southern Accents. It's a special issue because Patrick Dunne, writer and owner of the epicurean antiques shop Lucullus, allowed his soulfully elegant New Orleans house to be featured in a nice long spread. And he contributed the wonderful text too.

But I'm also drawn to a story about Charleston.


The respected gallery, Ann Long Fine Art, is among the hot spots mentioned. (That's Ann above.) I was intrigued to learn she has a section online for young collectors. One of the small works in that area caught my eye: Hanging Feathers II, by Elizabeth Leary,  shown here at top. The size is about six by seven inches.

Image three courtesy Southern Accents.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will visit her gallery when I'm in Charleston next month! -glad you posted this.

Style Court said...

Anon -- enjoy!

Rachel said...

I loved the new issue of Southern Accents - it was a great one! I, too, especially enjoyed seeing Patrick Dunne's house in NOLA. So much so that I kinda hate him. Just a little.... ;-)

Style Court said...

Hi Rachel -- Patrick does know how to live well!