Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

2.25.2009

Aleta's Specials

Recently I had a very positive experience ordering a couple of meters of Brigitte Singh's Mughal-inspired block print "Poppy on White" from Aleta Bartel-Orton. Even though I'm in the U.S. and Aleta is in London, the transaction was a breeze. The shipping cost was so reasonable and the discounts offered on Aleta's remnants are significant. It is not neccessary to be in the design trade to order her fabric, so if you have a project in mind -- perhaps a small stool or chair in need of recovering -- be sure to visit Aleta's "specials" section.

As you may have read on Aleta's site, she is currently doing some spring cleaning and in March will offer vintage Brigitte Singh remnant fabrics. She says that many of these pieces are 10 to 20 years old and will never be produced again.

BTW: Schuyler Samperton is a fan of Aleta!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Courtney,
I used this fabric as curtains in my family room, and I have matching cushions that adorn my bed. It's been 5 years since I put them up, and I love them more and more each day. I also get so many compliments on them- they're timeless. Enjoy the fabric- I too have used Aleta and she is great.
Nomita

Style Court said...

Hi Nomita -- that's wonderful to know! Thanks so much.

Liz said...

Wow, that is the most fabulous fabric! Thank so much for the link!

Style Court said...

My pleasure Liz.

Ms. Wis./Each Little World said...

Thanks for letting us know about the specials and about the ease of shopping. I've ordered a lot of Persephone books from the UK but not much else. These fabrics could change all that!

Style Court said...

Ms. Wis -- Aleta is so friendly and efficient too!