Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

12.18.2008

Haskell Harris and Love at First House

I'm envious of Haskell Harris for two reasons: her very cool name and her current house, which is a circa 1796 dwelling located in downtown Charleston, South Carolina. Haskell was Special Projects Editor and Assistant Homes Editor at Cottage Living magazine, and she's now covering style for G & G. Recently on her blog, Belle Decor, she wrote about the home she grew up in. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and think you will too.

6 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

You're right, of course, as always. I did love the story. I can tell I'll love her blog. Forever indebted, but you knew that already.

Mélanie said...

I'm envious too and even more ! I loved her story !
What a lucky girl to be abble to grown up in such an ambiance

Emily Evans Eerdmans said...

Thanks for this, Courtney. I love her comment that she is attracted to beautiful houses and objects because of the history and romance behind them - not for "the false glamour of having things". EEE

Stacy McCallum said...

Okay, do you think we can go on a wild goose chase to get more pics of the Regency house on "made me smile" I'm in love! Thanks for the link to the Haskell Harris blog it's going to be a good one!

Style Court said...

Hi Stacy -- Actually I think I do have some more images. Let me check.

Stacy McCallum said...

Yippee!