Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

7.28.2008

Fanny's Flea



Sometimes work and recreation overlap. In September, for Atlanta Intown Paper, I'll be writing about Fanny's Flea, the fiftieth annual market organized by the Forward Arts Foundation. Mark your calendars for Friday and Saturday, September 26 through 27, and get ready to hunt for treasures among the books, silver, and antiques.

BTW: this market is named for Frances Floyd (Fanny) Cocke, a name probably familiar to frequent High visitors. During the almost 101 years of her life, Fanny Cocke was admired as a philanthropist and energetic volunteer. It was her idea, back in 1958, to create a Parisian-style flea market in Atlanta with proceeds benefiting our visual arts community.

Update: 5.04.09
Also of interest, Brilliant Asylum's blog post about "Fanny's Room" at the Creek Ranch on Lake Hatchineha.

Images courtesy Swan Coach House

13 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Can't wait for the event... and your article!

please sir said...

Ohhh sounds like such great fun - lucky gal!

Style Court said...

Jennifer, Please Sir -- thanks for stopping by. It should be great this year.

Pigtown-Design said...

Looks like a good excuse to visit atlanta!

Style Court said...

Would love to see you Meg!

Visual Vamp said...

Wow, I could use a reason for a road trip to Atlanta - this looks great!

Style Court said...

Late September is usually beautiful here -- would love to see everyone!

Great Dame said...

Wow, I haven't heard of this event, and I live in Atlanta! So glad you posted about it, and I'm looking forward to the article.

Style Court said...

Great Dame -- nice to hear from you. I hope you will enjoy the event, if you're able to attend.

My coverage will be short but between the paper and blog I'll share a little more :)

pve design said...

I have shopped Las Halles - the Parisian Flea Market and love to come to Atlanta and shop, after all, it is vor a really good cause. I always say Yes to books and to supporting the Arts. Look forward to you stylish article.

simply seleta said...

Ugh. This post heightens my current homesickness for Atlanta. I seem to go through this about every eight weeks or so. I'm beginning to think I'm an Atlantan down to my bones. At least I know we will be there a little during football season - husband always has Yellow Jacket season tickets [his Alma Mater]

Looking forward to your coverage of the Flea Market! I'm sure it will be a blast. Post pics of your found treasures too!

becky from hatch said...

Oh my gosh, can you please remind us again in late September??? I have the most disorganized calendar in the world and I don't want to miss this!

Style Court said...

sure Becky! Happy to.