Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

5.29.2008

Tara's Nursery


[Above, Tara Guerard at her shower photographed by Liz Banfield for Southern Accents, April 2008.]



You've seen her refreshingly unfussy baby shower. You've seen the chic weddings she designs. Now see her baby's nursery, done by South Carolina-based designer-to-watch, Angie Hranowsky.

Hranowsky told me that the nursery's palette, modern feel, and subtle African animal accessories inspired the baby shower. The fabric on the slipper chair, the bumper pad and the bolster pillows on they daybed are all Quadrille's "Contessa" in Blue/Yellow/Taupe. "Tara fell in love with it as soon as I showed it to her," notes Hranowsky. The bed skirt is China Seas' "Petite Zig Zag" in Inca Gold, and the Roman shades and pillows are Élitis' Lins Sauvages in Aqua.


The crib is from Nursery Works. The small slipper chair along with the bed (two twin headboards made into a daybed) and antique side table were inherited from Tara's husband's family. The giraffe lamp is a Jonathan Adler.


If you have not yet checked out Hranowsky's portfolio, be sure and surf over to her site. I think you will love what you see. BTW: Julia Lynn photographed the nursery and the project below.






18 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've brightened a rough day!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Style Court said...

Anon,

I'm so glad!

Pigtown-Design said...

I Spy: I Married Adventure. I had to introduce it to Jim Abbott (Maison Jansen) last night!

shoshana said...

That rosy not white not pink color in the last picture is exactly the one I tried to use in my living room inspired by Anh Huong (?) in an Elle Decor spread a few years back. Unfortunately mine came out much more pinky

Style Court said...

Meg,

Wish I could have been there!

Shoshana,

It is a beautiful shade Angie used. Pinks can be tricky :)

Cote de Texas said...

Soooooo cute!!! I'd love to have another baby just to design another nursery!!!

Joni

style & grace said...

I adore the nursery!! That is my favorite combo of colors!!! I will be filing those pics away. Very inspirational.

Style Court said...

style & grace,
glad it inspires you! angle is so gifted in terms of color and textiles.

Janet said...

Oh my, beautiful setting for the shower. How nice!

The Peak of Chic said...

That nursery is so cute, and the other rooms are lovely too. Nice pops of color!

Jennifer said...

I've been itching to see the nursery since the photos of the baby shower were published -- it did not disappoint! Thanks for sharing!

Style Court said...

Jennifer -- Thanks for stopping by. I'm so glad Angie had the pictures!

Mrs. Blandings said...

Yellow and turquoise - what's not to love. Those corner bookshelves are handy and great use of the space. Thanks for the tour.

Style Court said...

the shelves are great. everyone has been asking me, "do you think there is a chest on the other side of the room?" the furniture pictured is great so we wonder about the rest :)

Sabina said...

lovely, amazing photos!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have come back to look at these photos and her site a million times today. So beautiful, so inspirational. Love her colors and fabrics. Her rooms seem so liveable, even though they are so, so well done. I'd saved that Home cover she did in my "idea collection" and was excited to see more of that room. Beautiful!

Style Court said...

Anon,

Thanks for letting us know! I agree with your take on Angie's work.