Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

5.31.2008

Flashback


[Image above, New York Public Library ID: 74797; Creator, Séguy, E. A., from Papillons, circa 1920s]

Way back in April 2007, I mentioned some images of Séguy butterflies found in an ornament and pattern collection belonging to The New York Public Library archives. These are included in the library's vast online digital gallery along with old textile designs, historical maps, vintage posters, rare prints and illustrated books. Reproductions can be ordered as framed or unframed prints, starting at $30.


So of course the E. A. Séguy works used above in this striking bedroom from domino's June '08 issue caught my eye right away as I flipped through the new magazine. I'm in love with the juxtaposition of bold red upholstered headboards against soft, icy-blue walls, not to mention the graphic striped rug. Kudos to the stylist!


And heartfelt congratulations to Rubie Green founder, Michelle Adams, (and "my" chevron chair fabric "East Village") for making the issue too.


domino bedroom photo by Justin Bernhaut

15 comments:

Cote de Texas said...

Great eagle eye! Funny - I adored this picture too immediately. Great minds......

Style Court said...

Joni,

Such a great room! Such a resourceful use of those headboards :)

Anna Spiro said...

Love the butterflies, love the room (great colour combo) and love Michelle Adams' chevron fabric! Can't wait to receive my copy!
XX
Anna

Style Court said...

Anna--I think you will love the issue :)

MABELLE said...

Thank you Courtney! I've been on a sneaky little vacation in Florida before our big web launch, and FINALLY just got my hands on a copy of domino yesterday for the first time! And what a treat to see it here too :) I cannot thank you enough for your support and help with my big launch :)

And ps- LOVE those headboards!! Can you believe they're from TARGET??!! If only I had a huge apartment with a spare room...

Style Court said...

Michelle,

So happy for you! And I know--TARGET. Wow!

Pigtown-Design said...

Damn! I saw that Vogue book at BT last weekend and didn't instantly pick it up, and when I went back, it was gone!!! It was a 1940's edition, too!

YAY for Michelle!!!

Style Court said...

meg -- wow a 40s edition! too bad!

Mrs. Blandings said...

Courtney - a great room - so chic! Would love to be admiring it myself in my own issue - which, typically, has not arrived.

Mrs. Blandings said...

Courtney - a great room - so chic! Would love to be admiring it myself in my own issue - which, typically, has not arrived.

domesticated_desk said...

I am so glad you noted those beautiful butterfly prints that were featured in Domino. I too was impressed with the bold color. I think I will try to make them on my own, great inspiration...it even inspired my last post.

Style Court said...

DD,

Glad you were inspired!

Laura said...

I loved that room too...probably my favorite part of this issue.

Anonymous said...

I had to the read the Target thing over and over when I first saw the picture in the mag. It just reinforces my love of that store!

coco+kelley said...

i loved the color used in that room.. a nice take on the turqoise/red combo that i've always adored. and the butterfly prints seem to tie it together perfectly! good eye :)