Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

4.18.2008

Boozer Does the Classics


[Photography above by Timothy Kolk, Elle Decor, May 2006]


I can deal with small spaces, but I do dream of more bookshelves. Specifically, a library-living room like the narrow but stylishly laid-back Rayman Boozer-designed example here. Remember when Boozer's own apartment made the May 2006 cover of Elle Decor? (Blue interior above.) It was an inspirational issue for everyone who dwells in cramped or modest quarters.

Boozer really excels at working with those classics we've been talking about this week -- camel back sofas, trad brown chests, Chinese export lamps. Often he spices them up by placing them in vibrantly colored rooms with great textiles. Check out his online portfolio to see more.

9 comments:

simply seleta said...

Something about the last room reminds me of the back section of the old Ainsworth Noah showroom. Love it.

Cote de Texas said...

we have the same desire, Court - a library, a real library, outfited with a wonderful reading chair, a desk probably, ceiling to floor bookcases filled with all our beautiful design books, of course!

pve design said...

Love his work and how he titles each space on a first name basis. You are so right, those bookshelves are dreamy!

Style Court said...

That's right Joni -- you already have such great bookcases too :)

xafiki said...

Bookshelves! Can't have enough of them. I am redoing my basement. The floors are a mahogany, the walls are Benjamin Moore Redstone and I have white trim (and lots of lights). Am struggling with whether to do white built-ins or mahogany stained built-ins (for books/object/tv). Also, if I should have open bookshelves (no wood backs) to let the red show through. Thoughts? Or prior bookshelf blogs I could peek at? Thanks.

Style Court said...

xafiki,

I love white shelves with red walls behind. In fact I have a great image and will try to post it shortly.

If you type Tim Clarke or Sara Ruffin Costello, or Bookworm, in my search box I think some other past samples will pop up.

Thanks for visiting!

mandco said...

I love that first room! The wall color is so fresh with the wood and yellow accents :-)

Alkemie said...

I love the first photo with the wall color and group of frames. The last photo of the bookshelves really show how much you can cram into small space. Great inspirations!

Old New House said...

There's nothing like floor to ceiling bookshelves, and we absolutely love the colors in the first two photos. Great textures in all images - so alive.