Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

3.17.2008

Remember this Sofa?


A friendly domino team member just sent me this soon-to-hit-stands April cover. You probably already knew about lovely Drew gracing the cover, but do you recognize the sofa? It's one of Ruthie Sommers' master makeovers. Sommers (who did up Barrymore's offices) shared the before and after with us last year.



And if I'm not mistaken, Barrymore has written the forward to Sommers' upcoming book, The L.A. House.



The colorful print on the sofa is "Dragon Empress" from Clarence House. Plenty more enticing images are available at domino.com


Wonder if Leontine Linens created the custom monogrammed seats? "F F" for Flower Films.


This 1960s Gucci red-leather desk set from Orange (posted here last September) would fit well in Drew's offices.

14 comments:

LondonCalling said...

Great sofa!

Style Court said...

The main print (a Clarence House Asian-inspired if my memory is right) really goes pow! And I love how Ruthie mixed it with the narrow stripe :)

Janet said...

Oooooh, thanks for the sneak peek! What a sharp eye you have.

Style Court said...

Janet,

I think you'll really like it. The feature is great!

Style Court said...

the sofa fabric is dragon empress from clarence house

Pigtown-Design said...

Love the LL FF chairs!

Style Court said...

the seats might not be Leontine -- just a guess on my part. Maybe someone in LA did them :)

Washington Cube said...

I'm loving that black and white dress.

Style Court said...

wash cube,
I love her dress too :)

Mélanie said...

I love this sofa, I love the mix between paisley and stripes . Fantastic

Abbey Goes Design Scouting said...

I love that gucci desk set -- brilliant!

MABELLE said...

Ooh- this looks like such a juicy issue! I'll have to go on a hunt for it today! Thanks for sharing :)

Alkemie said...

I absolutely love seeing before and after pictures. It gives more perspective what the sofa originally was and what it became. Thanks for the great post and photos!

Karen

Style Court said...

Oh good Karen, glad this was helpful.