Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

2.22.2008

Suggested Weekend Viewing




Earlier this week, Joni reminded me of the striking interiors seen in so many Woody Allen movies. One of my faves is Everyone Says I Love You. Although the film was shot in the '90s, the trad Park Avenue residence featured is full-tilt '80s. Rather Buatta-esque.


The rooms might not wow you in the way Ingrid Bergman's home in Indiscreet will, but they serve as a lush and interesting foil for Allen's characters. (I'm sure Habitually Chic could offer us many insights about this elegant New York apartment.)

8 comments:

Habitually Chic said...

You know, I don't think I've ever seen that movie. I might have to add it to my queue. I did love the interiors in Match Point. The movie is creepy but in a good way and the weekend home and city apartment are to die for.

I realized once that all my favorite movies were shot in New York and most have great interiors like A Perfect Murder, Breakfast at Tiffany's, You've Got Mail.

I still need to see The Duplex. Robin Standefer and Stephen Alesch of Roman Williams created the sets when they were set designers. Have you seen that one?

Style Court said...

Heather, I haven't. Thanks for the tip :)

a. said...

Another great movie! I am totally watching Indiscreet this weekend :-)

Greg said...

My favorite movie interior is in "Leave Her to Heaven," an amazing psychological thriller from 1945 starring Gene Tierney. Early on in the film several scenes are shot at a house that's supposed to be in the Arizona desert. It's just gorgeous. Check it out. Netflix has it.

Style Court said...

OK, thanks Greg!

Brilliant Asylum said...

This movie is a favorite. I think Allen captured the essence of the well-heeled, intellectual New York family.

Cote de Texas said...

Courtney: It's rented and waiting for hubby to finish up his college basketball game and go upstairs for the night and then, pop it in - wow - I can't wait - Buatta!!

Style Court said...

Millie, I feel the same way.

Joni, hope you like it!