Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

2.29.2008

Allan Arthur




If you are planning to do some weekend antiquing in Atlanta, don't forget Allan Arthur Oriental Rugs on Bennett St. Arthur is currently offering 20-40 % off all antique, vintage and contemporary rugs. And for a wide range of informative links and sources, visit his site Cyber Rug.

Shown top is a Turkish Oushak, circa 1930, followed by a contemporary Anatolian and a mid-20th-century Persian.


BTW: Arthur has a great selection of small rugs. Perfect for layering, or grounding an eclectic room as Ruthie Sommers did in this oft-posted bedroom from InStyle Home spring 2007.


Barrie Benson is also a fan of these patterned rugs, as seen in domino.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love antique Persian rugs. Love the colors and love the wear. I think they are the final touch that most people miss today. My personal favorites are antique Heriz tribal rugs.... Perfect, thanks for posting.
Sara L.

Style Court said...

Sara, Heriz are among my favorites too. So amazing.

Style Court said...

my parents have a 100 year old Persian. These wool rugs stand up to kids and pets like nobody's business.

susan said...

Very inspirational. And, what is it about orange? Or, coral or red? It works with so many colors, it seems. That last image is very gutsy! It's interesting to see these pairings of different styles and patterns.

Style Court said...

Susan, I so agree about the orange/coral family! And of course red too :)

About Emily... said...

I have always loved that Ruthie Sommers bedroom ever since I saw it in In style home-thanks for the new name! Allan seems to be very talented!
-Emily @ Material Girls

About Emily... said...

I have always loved that Ruthie Sommers bedroom ever since I saw it in In style home-thanks for the new name! Allan seems to be very talented!
-Emily @ Material Girls

Style Court said...

Hi Emily, yes that bedroom is one of my all-time faves! I should add, Allan Arthur is a rug dealer not a designer. The Sommers and Benson rooms are just examples of working with Turkish or Oriental rugs.

Alkemie said...

The rug is definitely lovely! I also really black and white chairs in the dining room.