Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

12.27.2007

A New Design Crush


Well, a furniture crush to be specific: the green console table in Suzanne Rheinstein's elegant dining room, as seen in Inspired Styles.

This week, with my Christmas gift magnifying glass in hand, I'm pouring over all those recently purchased design books. Rheinstein's table was an unexpected surprise. Something I've not seen in other photographs of her home. I'm completely enamoured of the green contrasted with gold "chain-link" detail. Now I'll have to scour my old reference books to learn more about this style. In the meantime, if you are familiar with the table, I'd love to hear from you.

13 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

Courtney - this is a beauty - would you recommend the book?

Style Court said...

Yes. (Peak of Chic gave a great overview recently.)

I think if you are a serious Suzanne Rheinstein fan definitely just for her, but also included are Wearstler, Allegra Hicks, Easton, Cohler, Alexa Hampton, Windsor Smith, Thomas O'Brien :)

Gypsy Purple said...

Hope you had a blessed Christmas!! Wishing you and yours a happy and prosperous 2008!!!

Style Court said...

and to you as well Gypsy!!

Things That Inspire said...

Beautiful table! Before I even read your text, I was in awe of it.

Cote de Texas said...

Well, this is a vision I think either Annechovie or PVE should immortalize - Style Court peering over her design books with a beautiful (I'm sure!) magnifying glass!!!

This console table IS gorgeous = I'm sure it's a one of a kind antique piece, or a custom job for some lucky client, way back when!!!

Hope you got lots of great presents and had a merry merry. Why don't I have this book???? OK - Just ordered it! Thanks!!!

Joni

Style Court said...

joni, what a fun idea!

bayou contessa said...

Courtney,
This is such a great table, I love the contrast of the organic "chain link" apron with the simple lines of the overall shape of the piece. And the copper against the distressed green finish is just wonderful. I'm a big fan of Suzanne Rheinstein and will definitely be checking out this book. Your posts are so well researched and I especially enjoy your ability to cross reference sources.
I hope you had a wonderful holiday and I'm looking forward to reading more from you in the new year.
Julie

Style Court said...

Oh thanks Julie! Happy 2008!

katiedid said...

Thanks for the tip Courtney! And have a wonderful New Year! (great table.)
Katie

Alexandra, Writing & Baking Enthusiast said...

Very pretty blog. Have enjoyed visiting. Lots of good information.
Have a lovely day.
Alexandra

Style Court said...

Thanks Alexandra! Happy New Year!

Topsy Turvy said...

What an amazing table! I love the bold scale of the chain-link. And how unexpected to pair silver accessories with that gold detail! Great find.