Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

11.30.2007

Laid-Back Banquettes




Greece Style is one of the few books from Taschen's Icon series that I haven't yet bought for myself. But there's a room in it (shown top) that I've loved for years. As soon as I saw Amanda Peet's home on Domino online (a neighbor must have nabbed my December copy), I thought about the pillow-laden banquette in Greece.

At the moment we label the look "Bohemian-Chic" or "Globe-Trotter-Chic." Still, I don't find it trendy. Indian (or Indian-inspired) textiles, stripes, red-and-white, unpretentious banquettes -- all these elements have been around for centuries. And I love them.

Bottom photo, Coliena Rentmeester

7 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Love the top photo, and no, that look to me is not trendy. Sometimes there are things you love that may be more "in" than at other times, but to me it's a timeless look! :)

gardenrooms said...

I love this too, it looks like it could also be Turkish. :) Can't wait to see the book!

Seeker said...

This is a beautiful room

Things That Inspire said...

This is exactly the kind of house I imagine Amanda Peet to live in! Great post.

Style Court said...

Thanks Sarah!

Anna said...

I agree - I think this look is more timeless than trendy! Beautiful!
XO
Anna

{this is glamorous} said...

I completely fell for Amanda Peet's place when I first saw it and agree that the elements of "Bohemian Chic" are timeless.