Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

11.25.2007

Holiday Windows




I love blues and greens together for the holidays (nice option for my friends who celebrate Chrismukkah.) So I was drawn to the varied green and turquoise hues used here in Providence's window. Unfortunately my camera phone pics don't do justice to the delicate details: paper whites in pots, chartreuse ribbons on the French chairs, and little white lights.



Also, just at a very quick glance, the fabric used in the window reminded me of Sara Ruffin Costello's wallcovering choice for this home office, seen in Domino, November 2005

8 comments:

Casey said...

The fabric on the pillows featured in this holiday window look like Amy Butler Designs. She's one of my favorite textile designers right now.

I just found your site last night and I love it. Thank you.

Casey

robyn said...

Cute post, I love blues and greens too! Nice picture in Domino, I'll have to get out that issue and reread. Thanks Courtney, hope you had a nice weekend. :)

Style Court said...

thanks casey!

ALL THE BEST said...

Very pretty! Love the colors!!!

maison21 said...

how on earth did you remember a wallpaper from 2 years ago in domino? i can't even remember what i had for breakfast a half hour ago!

Style Court said...

Maison,

I love Sara Ruffin Costello's taste and keep all related tear sheets in notebooks :)

Brilliant Asylum said...

As much as I love a traditionally red Christmas, it is nice to have a break every few years. This cool palette is a refreshing change.

beachbungalow8 said...

wow! great remind of that wallpaper. i love that wallcovering, especially with the woven and the (gulp) stag bust.