Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

10.30.2007

Vogue Living Day



The salesman at Barnes & Noble asked me if I needed a U-Haul. It's an exciting day for design book lovers; so many fabulous releases. The most highly anticipated probably being Vogue Living: Houses, Gardens, People. For me it did not disappoint. I'll need hours to really pour over it, but I can say that the mix of recent and archive photos from Vogue is just lovely. If you are drawn to stately Old World homes, I think you will love this volume.

Afterthought: India Hicks' island home is not included but a few to-die-for residences shown are Janet de Botton's in Provence and Marella Agnelli's in Marrakech. Elliott Puckette's home and Tory Burch's luxe apartment also made this edition.

Last week, The Peak of Chic shared a helpful link to Annie Kelly’s book review for 1stdibs.

11 comments:

melissa @ the inspired room said...

Stately Old World homes? I better go buy that issue, I am sure I will love it! Thanks for the review!

Melissa

Mrs. Blandings said...

Show off! I'm pea green with envy. Can't be the last kid on my block.

Lindsey said...

You just reminded to go shopping! I can't wait to read them!

LallaLydia said...

You have excellent reading tastes...I knew I recognized the cover of that "Tartan" book...Linda Evangelista did an editorial with famed photog Steven Meisel back in 1991. Here's the link, I thought you might enjoy some of the pictures.

http://www.levangelista.net/PhotoGallery/thumbnails.php?album=236&page=2

Style Court said...

Lalla Lydia,

Thanks on both counts!

The Peak of Chic said...

I got mine too!! Yay! I've been through a bit of it- I do love de Botton's home too- that really stood out to me. Looks like I've got some reading to do tonight!

Louisa said...

Quick question for you - what is the aqua (?) fabric used for your pillows on your couch? I spied the pillows next to the two books and thought the fabric looked like it had an interesting texture to it. Thanks!

Style Court said...

Hi Louisa,

It's Shingu Suiting from the Silk Trading Co.

Cote de Texas said...

Courtney- lucky girl! I love this picture. Where is mine? It was supposed to BE here, drats! I'm waiting, Mr. Amazon man. Have a great night tonight!

Joni

Jackie Von Tobel said...

So very many books and so little money! How can a self respecting book junky keep up????

Style Court said...

Jackie, I know!