Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

8.28.2007

White Elephants



An item that may be on my Christmas list this year is a white ceramic elephant stool. So far I've not seen anything I like as much as this vintage pair, from Pieces, posted back in April (now sold). But J. Crew's new white elephant charm bracelet caught my eye tonight. $125.





This new elephant table is available through stores including C. Bell and Pieces.

6 comments:

ALL THE BEST said...

I love that bracelet, so chic!

The Peak of Chic said...

I adore elephants. I just bought a necklace with a white elephant pendant.

style court said...

Jennifer,

Sounds lovely.

girl meets glamour said...

What a chic necklace, might have to eye it myself :)

~Kate

Bhavna said...

Elephants are almost iconic in Indian art and crafts :-)

You can very easily find the elephant stools and the bracelet in India - in different materials like scented wood (known as chandan wood), stone (marble, onyx), glass, terracotta and even cloth puppets! :-)

Keep a look out at http://anindiansummer-design.blogspot.com/,...in a month's time, I just might be able to help you get access to interesting items like these :-)

style court said...

bhavna,

yes, great point! thanks for the tip :)