Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

8.15.2007

Those Leather Poufs Again



Above, pastel leather Moroccan poufs, as seen in Candace Bushnell's apartment, Elle Decor, 2005. Below, more poufs in Kelly Wearstler's son's room, as seen in Domicilium Decoratus, published by Harper Collins, 2006.



I receive quite a few emails asking where to find Moroccan poufs similar to the ones here. One source I've not mentioned before is Plantation in L.A. This shop carries handmade ottomans in an array of colorful leathers. The poufs are 15" high by 19" in diameter and cost $245. Samples are shown below.





Below, I love how Schuyler Samperton incorporated a leather pouf into her living room. Photo, Paul Costello for Domino, April 2007.



Update 9.6.07
Pieces in Atlanta now sells the colorful poufs too.

20 comments:

Sarah Jennings said...

I must add a poof to my b-day list! It looks like a great thing to have...adds an extra seat, but kind of looks like an accessory. Great find!

frances said...

i was thinking of doing a post on poofs! i want a beat-up metallic one!

Leah said...

I blogged colorful poufs not too long ago, and found a bunch of cute ones for less than $185. Listed here:

http://morewaystowastetime.blogspot.com/2007/07/cool-stuff-poufs-that-are-rad.html

*LOVE* those green ones in the Kelly Wearstler shot.

All the best,

Leah

robyn said...

My girls and my dog scout love these poufs. They have them at Shabby Chic in SF or did 3 or so months ago. In pastel colors. Thanks for the all of the great info & photos!

Anna said...

Lovely pouf images Courtney!!
X
Anna

Mélanie said...

I love these poufs , they look so chic and ethnic ...
Mélanie

style court said...

Leah,

Thanks for the tip!

girl meets glamour said...

Oh, I just don't think I'll ever get sick of them...they are just perfect and so colorful! I love the idea of having a casual get together and having people surrounded by a coffee table some on poufs others on furniture...love it! Great post Courtney :)

~Kate

The Peak of Chic said...

I like the pink pouf!

Fairfax said...

When I was at John Derian in NYC, they had a whole selection of gorgeous ones!

Jordan Cappella said...

Hi Style,

Another great place for ethnic Poufs is MARRAKECH EXPRESS 2515 S. ROBERTSON BLVD, 310.836.8485 ASK FOR NAJIB, he also has fantastic lanterns.

style court said...

Jordan,

Thanks for the tip!

Fairfax,

Yes John Derian has great colors!

beachbungalow8 said...

hand raising very slowly....um, i don't love the pouf.

there. i said it. i don't hate it. i just don't love it.

kcdesign said...

seems like you have plenty of resources, but someone posted on Tazi Designs a while ago - they have a big selection of colors.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

I do love them...still, even after all these years living in Morocco.

style court said...

Maryam,

That says a lot! Nice to hear :)

tiffany said...

I saw some faux leather poofs at Target the other day for $39.99.

katiedid said...

I just love a good pouf! If you have kids, they come in especially handy!

cats said...

you can also get them on ebay usually for around $100.

johndari said...

I had some BEAUTIFUL Poufs shipped to my client from Tazi Designs.

Free Shipping

http:www.tazidesigns.com

John