Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

7.29.2007

Tailored Bohemian Mix




Photography above, Pieter Estersohn for Southern Accents; interior design, Michelle Nussbaumer. Below, Windsor Smith's bedroom photographed by Miguel Flores-Vianna for Domino, August 2007.



When I first saw Windsor Smith's seersucker-clad bedroom in a Domino video, I was reminded of Michelle Nussbaumer's striped oasis. It's interesting that both decorators have ties to Texas and California, and both effortlessly mix exotic bohemian elements with tailored, stately pieces and dashes of Hollywood Regency.

6 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

So true! A very similar look. I'm a huge fan of Nussbaumer- she's quite a talent.

Cote de Texas said...

Love, love Michelle. Courtney - did you notice the firescreen in Michelle's picture - it's silver!!!! fabulous!!!!!!!! Plus I love the lampshade. When you click on the small picture, you can see so much more detail of this gorgeous room. Great post, as usual!!!! Worth the wait, ha!

Joni

style court said...

Thanks Joni!

luxecreative said...

Regarding the Domino Video... I just love that whole style and I have searched everywhere for a similar black/white Greek Key trim for my white silk draperies (I've actually been looking for MONTHS, before the video came out!!). Any suggestions? I've had a hard time finding manufacturer's catalog numbers so I can order from a buying service.

kcdesign said...

Style - this room is fabulous - I hadn't seen it before. The site looks great. (sorry i'm tardy on this - on vacation with limited access. Missing all my faves.)

Anna said...

Courtney,
I must say that I have been lusting over Windsor Smith's house ever since your post on her domino house tour and when I bought my copy of domino whilst on holidays I just couldn't stop looking at the story on her home - in particular that beautiful, beautiful kitchen with the long dining table and chairs!! I think this kitchen is my current design obsession!!
XO
Anna