Style Court

Eight Years of Textiles, History, Art, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes

7.23.2007

Sommers Summer




Photography above, Lisa Romerein for Coastal Living; interior design, Ruthie Sommers.

Fall catalogs are starting to arrive in the mail, but we still have a few weeks of summer left to enjoy. This crisp beach cabana done up by Ruthie Sommers definitely speaks fun-in-the-sun, so I'm posting it again. When the cabana appeared on Coastal Living's cover in 2006, I was drawn to the old school use of symmetry.

The actual cabana structure was designed by architect Tony Gwilliam, who now sells the pavilion in a kit. To order visit tonysthouse.com, or call 805-646-7355.

5 comments:

Cote de Texas said...

I've never seen this picture. I love it! And I love how it ties in color wise with the Hermes box post. Both are great!


Joni

annechovie said...

This is the best beach pavilion ever! Ruthie has amazing style and I love the colors she favors....

patriciagrayinc.com said...

Love this charming cabana...leave it to Ruthie to come up with something amazing

The Peak of Chic said...

I wish I were in that cabana on the beach right now!

style court said...

Jennifer,

me too :)